
Lounging by the shore, watching the birds...she looks so grown up!!
My 2 gorgeous girls We ventured to SF for a quick trip this week--Lewis had a seminar for work, and the girls and I came along for the ride! 


Inside a sculpture of a giant safety pin.
Emma's new smile...eyes closed, big cheesy grin....a-la-Kaia


Speaking of the drive down...Our VW had a little malfunction the night before we were scheduled to leave...so we had to drive the Suburban. We almost never drive it due to environmental and monetary concerns, but it sure came in handy for the bookshelf I bought at IKEA! Anyway, it's been hovering around 195,000 miles for a long time, and halfway to SF, it reached 200K!! We're a bunch of nerds, but we stopped and took a picture. I have never had a car with that many miles on it before, and it still runs so great!

Inside a sculpture of a giant safety pin.
We went to a lovely sculpture garden in Golden Gate Park. Let me start by saying that I love Lewis SO much and he is such a great husband and father, and I think he is so handsome! However, something about this giant green squished in head reminded Kaia (and me) of Daddy! I'm sure it's just the bald head...but we all had a good laugh!
Emma's new smile...eyes closed, big cheesy grin....a-la-Kaia
We went to the Academy of Sciences in SF with our family friend, Tuck. There was a huge aquarium, a "living roof" and a rainforest (which housed 600 butterflies!). Most people who know me have found out about my little aversion to flying insects...it was such a big deal for me to go in that rainforest. There were tons of butterflies, some the size of dinner plates. They were everywhere. Em loved it...Kaia was not into the crowds and missing her nap, but after she fell asleep in the Ergo, she seemed to feel a little better. I was just trying to make it through without anything landing on me! Then, I got in the elevator, and the guy said, "There might be some butterflies on some of your clothes, so please check before you leave!". I just tried to remain calm...but wow...I never thought I'd go inside a room with 600 butterflies. The Academy of Sciences was a really fun place, though...and we had a lot of fun.
Tuck and the girls on the Living Roof.
An albino alligator.
Golden Gate Bridge...it's us, I swear, but we should've stopped on the other side so the sun would be in front of us!
A beautiful San Francisco sunrise (our girls get up plenty early to afford us views of the sunrise most days!). We stayed on the water right near SFO, and we watched planes take off and land...the girls were mesmerized.

2 comments:
LOOKS like such a fun filled trip!!
yo Larissa...what ARE you doing..i click on most of the new pics, and it won't go to the bigger window!
only a couple work. ;( but they are really cool anyways. i give up on the blog! i'll just look at it, instead of complaining. ;)
Post a Comment